Thursday, May 11, 2006

more bad, some good

How is everyone?

Yes, he’s still here. Yes, I’m still upset, especially when it sounds like he’ll get transferred back here for a while. No, I will not get over it. He’s a jackass. End of story.

Let’s talk about something else, shall we?

I got my last check from Big Green for this season today. They refunded my training class fees like they said, but withheld state and local taxes out of it, which knocked it down to almost nothing. Oh well, I guess I can go to Applebee’s.

I took the last two days off from work and searched for a new job. At first I was just looking for a new part-time deal, but I saw an ad for a “minority job fair” in Roanoke, so I decided to take a look.

Most of the stuff they had, I was overqualified or disinterested in, but they had some planning positions available so I applied to be a planner for the City of Roanoke. Admittedly this job is a bit of a long-shot, but it sounded interesting and if I get it, then I quit the other place and make more money to boot.

I did get to meet the head planner and the Special Events Coordinator for the City and we seemed to get on decently, though I’m not sure how good an impression I left. Kevin was driving me around and there’s a certain amount of stress in navigating and explaining myself over and over. I’m also pissed about Allen being here so long, and worn out from filing out so many applications over the last couple of days. This was not my day. But it’s not worth analyzing…most times when I feel good about a meeting; it didn’t go well and vice versa.

I stopped to see Angie and gave her a gift card from Kroger for my gratitude to her for getting me that assistant job. She said that I didn’t have to, but she went over and above what she had to do just to help me out. They broke the mold on her.

Okay, I need to sleep, especially since somebody turned on the air conditioner so that it’s not 300 degrees in here. Talk soon.

2 comments:

  1. these so-called 'careers' are so overratedMonday, May 15, 2006 9:39:00 AM

    Wow, a planner gig would be amazing! I heard they were planning to bulldoze Roanoke and start over. Sounds like they'll need all the help they can get in rebuilding it.

    Hope something comes out of that one.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope something will come of it. I'll let you know as soon as I do. :-)

    ReplyDelete