Any teenager can write a survey about their favorite class, or their secret crush, or how nice their car is that their parents paid for. This is the survey for the older crowd.
Thanks to Carrie and Jocelyn for doing this better than I did.
1. Do you have a college degree?
I have a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Virginia Tech. Going to college was one of the best things I’ve ever done.
2. What was the amount of your last electric bill?
My utilities are included in my room and board here. I can tell you about groceries better than I can electricity.
3. Do you have life insurance?
Sure do. I think I need more, but more importantly, I need somebody to leave the proceeds to.
4. How many hours per week do you work?
At least 40, lately about 55 between the two jobs.
5. Have you ever attended a Toastmasters event?
No. My friend Ken has though.
6. Favorite place to attend Happy Hour?
I’m not much of a drinker, and the social life is a little thin these days too.
7. How many miles is your commute to work each day (one way)?
About 25 miles each way, maybe a little more.
8. What time do you get up every morning for work?
9. What is your definition of sleeping in late?
Anytime I can sleep past 7:40, that’s sleeping in.
10. Do you check your cholesterol on a yearly basis?
Never checked it.
11. How large was your first cell phone?
Pretty small. I was late to the whole cell phone thing.
12. Does your employer provide good health insurance?
That’s about the only reason to work there.
13. Did you use the Internet to write a research paper?
Yeah, in college. That was in the early days of the internet when information from reliable sources was free.
14. Have you attended a HS reunion?
I went to my 10 year high school reunion in 2003. It was a blast.
15. How many jobs have you held in your professional career?
If you only count what I went to school for, just one. But I’ve had a number of jobs since getting out of college
16. Have you ever been fired or laid off from a job?
Both. I quit one or two as well.
17. What is your favorite drink?
That’s a good question. I guess it’s water, but I like a lot of drinks.
18. What is the most expensive bottle of wine that you have in your residence?
My mom makes wine and I live here with her and my dad. So we don’t have much wine that isn’t homemade around, much less expensive stuff.
19. Have you been divorced?
I hope never to be. But I have a few steps to go to even be married.
20. How old were you when you stopped getting ID'd for Alcohol?
I’m still IDed, so that’s not an issue yet.
21. Favorite casino?
Never been to one.
22. Are you happier now than you were in high school?
Overall yes, but there’s a lot that’s different between then and now. The two times don’t really compare.
23. Did you ever have Hypercolor shirts?
Couldn’t afford them. But I thought they were cool.
24. Do you remember when Michael Jackson was black and was attracted to older people?
I remember it well; thinking about it makes me want to grow an Afro and start dancing : -). Actually, I bought a Jackson 5 CD the other day and I’ve had a lot of fun listening to it.
25. Do you remember when MTV actually played music videos?
I remember a little of it. We never had cable growing up.
26. Have you had a will made?
What for? I don’t have anything anyone would want.
27. What music was in your CD / cassette player when you were 16?
I listened to a lot of pop and R&B and I first got into Alex Bugnon back then, so it was a somewhat lamer version of what I listen to now.
28. Favorite fancy / upscale restaurant?
My tastes in food aren’t that sophisticated.
29. How long has it been since you attended a kegger?
I’ve never been to one.
30. Where were you when you found out about 9-11?
I was at work and one of my old co-workers had an old TV. We saw a lot of what happened unfold live. It was very surreal.