Thursday, August 12, 2004

sneaker reviews, part three (New Balance)

Part three of my sneaker reviews follows:

New Balance MX609 (white/blue)
Like I’ve said before, Dick’s in Greensboro is THE place to buy shoes. I got these shoes in my narrow width there in November 2002 and wore the hell out of them for over a year. It’s not much to look at, but it’s easily the best looking shoe in the NB 600 cross-training series and it’s comfortable with a capital C. I had a pair of 606’s and 608’s before, and they don’t compare.


New Balance M991 (gray/white)
The old-guy shoe! These shoes are as corny as Orrville Redenbacher, but if you ever wear them, you’ll love them. They are sooo comfortable, and they coordinate with a lot of things. Premium shoe all the way.


New Balance M806AT (gray/black/yellow)
Ordered this one from Cabela’s. I’m more in love with the look of this shoe than the shoe itself. It’s a cool looking shoe; very contemporary. I replaced a pair of 805’s with these, and I have to say, the 805’s win by a landslide. When the 805’s finally broke down a few months ago after years of hard use, I still thought about throwing out the 806’s instead of the 805’s. It’s not that they’re not cool in their way, but they aren’t comfortable (the upper is too stiff) and they don’t coordinate with causal wear as well as I had hoped.


New Balance M475 (black/white)
This was all about the color. Usually, I try to avoid buy shoes solely based on fashion decisions. But I wanted a black shoe, and this fit the bill. It’s a little wide for me but it’s cool for the rare occasions I wear it. I bought it at The Shoe Department at Four Seasons Town Centre in Greensboro.


New Balance M1221 (white/blue/red)
I bought these from Nordstrom to replace a pair of Nike Air Structure Triax that I adored for many years. This is a fitting replacement; in fact it may be a little more sophisticated. It’s got advanced cushioning and anti-roll technology that makes them stable, good for anything shoes like my Structures were. If I ran, this would be the one shoe out of all of the ones I have that I would use.

Well thats's all the sneaker talk I can stand today. Hope you had as much fun reading it as I had writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment