Sunday, September 19, 2004

dispatches from piedmont mall

This post has a guest contributor, my best friend Kevin. You’ll remember him from the New York post; he went with me there. I had some stuff to do on Saturday, the day we usually hang out, so he went to Piedmont Mall in Danville and checked out the new Hibbett Sports, located near Belk on the lower level. He reports:

Hibbett has the Jordan Retro 4's in the White/Green color combination. You cannot find those ANYWHERE anymore, yet they have three or four of those shoes displayed on the wall. Also, they have the Shox NZ in solid black with red shox on the bottom. I had never seen those shoes before and I wasn't sure in they were an older shoe (like the Retro 4's) or something new.

I’ll have to check out the new store and cop a pair or two.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Steve and Kevin! A couple of observations:

    The white/green Jordans came out earlier this summer and sold out in a lot of places. Here in Alabama, you could probably still get them because there aren't many sneakerheads here. FYI - there is also a cool grey/yellow colorway coming out this coming weekend. I would opt for the Jordan VII Olympics instead, but this is obviously a matter of personal taste.

    The black/red Shox NZ are different from most in that they are all leather (instead of mesh). They came out a few months ago, I believe. They look pretty sweet. However, if I were going to get another pair of NZ's, I would probably spend the extra $10 and make a pair on nikeid.com.

    As a side note, Hibbett Sports is based here in Birmingham :)

    ReplyDelete