Thursday, September 23, 2004

the sneaker-shout out combo

The Shout Out
My new friend Tim mentioned me on his blog! It's very flattering, not to mention it might get more people to read this nonsense I call my inner thoughts :) I should reccomend his blog again to any of you who haven't checked it out. His reads a little more like a journal than mine, but if you like my thoughts, you'll love his.

It's A Custom Job, Part 2.5
for part one click here, por part two click here
Tim and I have been talking about customizing some kicks for a while. The other day I went to Raleigh and saw white/white Nike Air Force One lows and Nike Dunk lows at Foot Locker and Champs at Crabtree Valley Mall. They have become scarce as of late after being everywhere when that Nelly song came out. (You know the one: "Giiive mee twoo purr, I need twoo purr!") Unfortuantely, I was cash poor and had to pass them up. and Tim was too far away (in Alabama) to get some either. so I'll go back, with some money, soon.

A kind Asian gentleman at Hakky Instant Shoe Repair in the mall offered to customize a pair of sneaks professionally starting at $25.00 with a two-day turn around. That's not bad, considering how much supplies cost, but still kind of rough. Still Raliegh is three hours away from here by car, and driving there twice wouldn't be cost effective. If I get them done professionally, it'll be closer to home, and it probably would be cheaper here. But I still want to paint them myself.

One thing the guy at Hakky had was shoe spray paint in a variety of colors. If I was careful and taped off all the stuff I didn't want painted, that might work.

Tonight, I stopped by Michaels to see if they had the gourd paint the Sole Collector forum suggested. No dice. They had acrylics, but not much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment