Sunday, February 20, 2005

the floor show


I did something I've never done before this weekend. I installed a new sheet vinyl floor.

My mom decided that she needed a room for all the china at her country club, so we've been renovating two former walk-in closets into a rather large butler's pantry. One step we did when we first got the building was to remove the wall between the two closets, but we hadn't taken it any farther until a few weeks ago. It was then that we decided to build some shelves and fit them into the room

The room needed a new floor badly, so I got drafted to install it. We had picked up some sheet vinyl on clearance at The Home Depot a few weeks ago, so all we had to do was put it down.

Putting a floor in isn't as much trouble as it would seem at first, but I learned quickly that dimensions matter a lot. And proper amounts of adhesive. Too much can ooze out; too little won't adhere the floor properly. My hands got a little goopy from the glue, but it washed off with soap and water.

Overall, considering that I'd never done it before, I thought it went well.

1 comment:

  1. *s* looks like you did a good job. Like the added stuff on your site. Take care

    ReplyDelete