Tuesday, April 26, 2005

flippin' awesome


Suddenly, "Napoleon Dynamite" is everywhere!

I think I mentioned this quirky movie before, but it chronicles a chapter of this fictional guy in Pocatello, Idaho that's perpetually stuck in 1981 but living in the present day. He's weird enough by himself, but when you throw his family and his friends in, things get even stranger and more entertaining to watch.

The movie did okay at the box office but has become a cult classic on DVD. I was the first guy I knew that really dug this movie, but as I asked around, I found out that several of my friends liked it as well, though it left my friend Tim a little cold. No matter, the consensus is that it is awesome.

And as of late it's become trendy. There are now ND t-shirts at JCPenney and Dillard's, among other stores, that are actually pretty cool.

I'm scared that it may be a little too trendy and "jump the shark" time may come sooner than later. The mass-market t-shirts were a tip-off.

No matter, Napoleon Dynamite is still flippin' awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment