Monday, November 08, 2004

music of the moment, November 8, 2004

These songs have been on my mind lately, in no particular order. Selections will open with Windows Media Player.

Miri Ben-Ari – Rejoice
The bass line alone is worth it. Listen

Outkast -- SpottieOttieDopaliscious
If my friend Eddy was a hip-hop guy, I think he’d dig this. Listen

LL Cool J -- Hush - (with 7 Aurelius)
Badass beat, from a hip-hop legend. Listen

ELO -- Shine A Little Love
Disco decadence, everything but a horn section. Listen

Led Zeppelin – Kashmir
Heard this in the car today. Still golden. Listen

Jill Scott -- Can't Explain (42nd Street Happenstance)
My favorite song from her latest album. Hard love, cool music. Listen

R.E.M. -- Leaving New York
I love this song, though I’m not in love with the album. Listen

Patti Austin/James Ingram -- Baby Come To Me
Another of Rod Temperton’s perfect pop songs. Listen

Winger – Seventeen
Yaeh, I know Winger sucks but you rock out to this in private, too. Listen

DMX – How's It Goin' Down
I love this song. Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment