Thursday, December 30, 2004

101 random things about, and by, me

  1. ‘Sesame Street’ rocks.
  2. My favorite cookies are Oreos.
  3. Most people say they like all kinds of music. I really do.
  4. My friends are some of the best people I know.
  5. I love New York.
  6. My favorite beers are Guinness and Yuengling.
  7. I love Martha Stewart.
  8. My brother gets on my nerves but he means well.
  9. I can cook some things really well.
  10. I don’t drive.
  11. Most people don’t understand me at first, but tend to get me after a while.
  12. I can’t swim.
  13. I am in love with the concept of elegance, though I’m a little clunky most times.
  14. My bass and I need more quality time.
  15. I have a mean streak.
  16. Girls always say I’m sweet.
  17. I love fried chicken.
  18. I am in love with Sarah Silverman. And Janeane Garafalo.
  19. I kind of look like Adam Sandler.
  20. I could probably sing if I tried.
  21. I have more shoes than most guys.
  22. I get bored easy.
  23. I can’t dance, but I like trying.
  24. I love fireworks.
  25. Popcorn with butter is good.
  26. I am proud of my nerdiness.
  27. I find Lawrence Welk entertaining.
  28. I have flat feet.
  29. I could spend all day in Barnes & Noble.
  30. Small talk is murder for me.
  31. I love department stores, especially really big ones.
  32. I like Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts.
  33. I have no desire to go to Florida or California.
  34. I love being an architect.
  35. I like pancakes; just plain pancakes, margarine and syrup, nothing added.
  36. I like to write.
  37. I like to tell stories, but I’m increasingly bad at it.
  38. I like the mountains of West Virginia.
  39. I love Christmas.
  40. My friend Eddy Hicklin is the funniest guy I know.
  41. I have a special place in my heart for Tanglewood Mall.
  42. I give out too much advice.
  43. I dream in color primarily.
  44. I have a really good sense of direction.
  45. I hardly ever go to the movies.
  46. I’ve got a lot of books.
  47. I’ve only been truly in love once.
  48. I like fur coats on women.
  49. Smart women turn me on.
  50. I like ice cream so much that I’ll eat it in the dead of winter
  51. There’s a part of me that still lives in 1979.
  52. I have a hard time expressing myself.
  53. Sometimes I read tabloids in the supermarket check-out line.
  54. I have a Sears card and I like to use it to buy tools.
  55. There’s a method to my madness.
  56. Sometimes I think I’m destined for greatness.
  57. I love Godiva and Neuhaus chocolates, but I’ll settle for Hershey’s anytime.
  58. The other only two places I would like to live are New York City and southern Wisconsin.
  59. Wal-Mart is fun, but Target is cooler.
  60. There’s a part of me that wants to believe that Michael Jackson is innocent.
  61. I need to lose a few pounds.
  62. I’m a clotheshorse.
  63. I am a liberal, but I have a conservative side.
  64. I’m a little cheap, but I call it being thrifty.
  65. I miss Woolworth.
  66. No eggs, unless you mix them with something appealing.
  67. I’d rather see a Christian than hear about one.
  68. My mom is my favorite person.
  69. I love to shop, but I think I’m more in love with retail itself.
  70. I’m shy.
  71. I’m not crazy about music with lyrics.
  72. I’ve been a Steelers fan since I was 3.
  73. I would love to meet Walter Becker and Donald Fagan.
  74. I write myself notes all the time.
  75. I’m a Virgo.
  76. I’m a Pentecostal and I have felt the Holy Ghost at least once.
  77. Chandeliers are cool.
  78. I’m more like my dad sometimes than I’d like to admit.
  79. I’m a little uncoordinated.
  80. I’m too self-absorbed.
  81. I’m not a poetry fan.
  82. I wonder if there’s life on other planets.
  83. I still get carded in bars.
  84. I’ve become an Orioles fan as of late.
  85. I never grew out of that awkward teenage stage.
  86. Costco rules.
  87. I’ve started writing several books.
  88. I think Conan O’Brien is brilliant.
  89. If I were a Peanuts character, I would be Linus.
  90. I was obsessed with Barry White at one point during my teenage years.
  91. I shot a pig once.
  92. I sometimes use too many big words.
  93. ‘The Great Brain Goes to the Academy’ is a book that stuck with me.
  94. If I was an entertainer, I’d probably sing country music.
  95. I’m hipper than I seem.
  96. Good TV is always the stuff that gets cancelled.
  97. I used to do a Ronald Isley impersonation that cracked people up.
  98. I read too much.
  99. I watch a lot less TV than I used to.
  100. I was the credit card king in the mid ‘90s.
  101. Thanks for reading this list.

3 comments:

  1. Steve your are a mess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd like to live in Southern Wisconsin? Why? There's not that much to do. It would get boring really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember looking out the window while riding through Southern Wisconsin and seeing how serene and green everything was. It felt like home.

    ReplyDelete