Thursday, January 13, 2005

cease and desist: busted at friendly center

If you've visited here a lot, you probably know I like to take pictures of malls and department stores. Sometimes my hobby gets me in trouble, like last night. I was going to take some pictures of the Hecht's store at Friendly Center in Greensboro, North Carolina, because I find the '60s Modern style of the store to be both appealing and funky.

No sooner than when I took my second picture, the security guards stopped me and told me that I wasn't allowed to photograph. I figured that it might be prohibited (it happened to me before at SouthPark in 2002) but I didn't see a sign and tried not to get caught, but to no avail. Sometimes I believe I'm being singled out because I'm not Caucasian, but I'm not really sure enough of this to call it blantantly racism, though it certainly walks like it and talks like it...

Good thing the shots I got were pretty good. Check out the two posts directly below this one.

1 comment: