Monday, January 10, 2005

4 no more?


Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre looks down as he walks off the field following their NFC wild-card game against the Minnesota Vikings Sunday, Jan. 9, 2005, in Green Bay, Wis. The Vikings won 31-17. (AP Photo/Darren Hauck)

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Brett Favre doesn't want to go out like this - although he just might. Favre was in a reflective mood after throwing four interceptions in Green Bay's 31-17 loss to the hated Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field on Sunday.

He said he didn't want his poor playoff performance to play a role in his decision whether to retire or return to Green Bay for a 15th NFL season.

``It would be easy to walk off the field after that game and say, 'I've had enough,''' Favre said. ``But I'm going to try to be as fair to myself and to this team as possible. I've had a lot of great games. This obviously was not one of them. But I can't base my decision on this game.'' (more)

No comments:

Post a Comment