Friday, January 07, 2005

new and improved

In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve added a lot of new and updated content to the sidebar of the index page. The primary reason for this is to add more value to the experience when you are here in Steve-land. I value every single one of you as guests and I want you to have fun, lean a little something, and enjoy visiting here whether it’s every once in a while or daily.

To that end, here’s the new and updated content:

(NEW) RSS/XML – This service is awesome. I’ve mentioned this before, but if you missed it, here’s a brief overview. Using an RSS reader, you can subscribe to steve’s blog, allowing you to view content from this site without actually coming here every day. It’s as easy as finding a RSS reader on the internet and requesting this site, or requesting the feed for your My Yahoo! page.

(NEW) Books I’m Reading and Books I Just Read – I’m a bookworm with a large library. I am usually reading two or more books at any given time. If you're interested in what I'm reading, I've posted a link to Books-A-Million with book information and purchasing information for each title.

(NEW) Magazines I’m Reading – I’m a bit compulsive with the magazines I read and subscribe to. In case you want to subscribe, too, or just find out more about them, there’s information to spare on those links to your left.

(NEW) Music I’m Listening To – Same thing with the music: just a little compulsive. Find out more about what I’m into and what it sounds like at the links to the left, which lead to Best Buy’s site.

(UPDATED) My Neighborhood Blogs – These are my blogging friends: sites that I can feel comfortable in saying you’ll enjoy if you like this site. These guys put a lot of effort and time into producing some of the more interesting content you’ll find on the internet.

(UPDATED) Links – These are other sites I love and I think you might like, too.

(NEW) Music Blogs – These blogs offer music that’s a little bit off the beaten path. I’m on dial-up with a slow connection, so I can’t take full advantage of the sites listed, but if you want to hear some cool stuff and can download easier, these are the places to look first.

(NEW) Other Blogs – These blogs are mainly centered in the fantasy arts, but I think they’re awesome and though I’m not a regular visitor to them; you may want to become one.

(NEW) NYT Top Headlines – Thanks to a partnership with The New York Times, I can offer you the latest news from the front page of the Times as it is posted. I don’t usually cover national news, and the New York Times is easily the best written paper in America, so I feel like I’m giving you something that makes you smarter and allows you to get more news in one site.

(NEW) Local Weather & Time – I've got a link to the Weather Underground posted along with the current local time and temperature for Rocky Mount, Virginia. This answers the questions 'What time is it there?' and 'How's the weather?'

I hope you like the changes. Thanks for being a part of my madness.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, you should check out Coverville. It is a really cool music blog that plays nothing but cover tunes. I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete