Thursday, January 13, 2005

this is me, then | 1979


I remember this family picture well. It's one of my favorites. Your friendly neighborhood blogger is on the right beside Mom and we all were seriously rocking 1979 is this photo.

Mom and Dad's safari suits alone make this picture priceless, but the Afros and sweaters Allen and I are wearing go for the extra style points. The brothers Swain also had cowboy boots and some NFL jackets with matching beanies (Me: Steelers, Allen: Cowboys) that we took some more pictures in that day. But that's a whole 'nother post.

This picture was taken at my grandma's church. I got into an argument with the photographer before we took it. How? People were using 'turkey' as an compliment and an insult back in the day, and the photogropher tried to get me to look at the camera by calling me one: as in 'Look over here, you turkey!" I got pissed (because I was thinking of the latter) and called her a turkey and my mom had to break it up. Ah, the joys of childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment