Friday, January 14, 2005

this is me, then | 2004


One of the few pictures of your friendly neighborhood blogger you'll see with a cap on my head. I didn't wear hats after I became a teenager because I couldn't find one to fit my enormous head. In 2003, thanks to the internet and a trend where guys started wearing giant MLB caps with the brims flat as boards (thanks, Shyne) I found some fitted baseball caps came in sizes big enough to fit me and bought several, along with other adjustable baseball caps that are made for bigger people. The one I'm wearing is a Virginia Tech fitted, in honor of my alma matter.

I'm in my bedroom in this picture taken just last year. Dig the groovy paneling! My arm is on my Sony flat-screen TV, now three years old. I love that TV. I also love the swag-and-jabot window treatments, which I picked out and my mom made when I was in high school. It was part of my 'motel motif:' the name I gave to the redecoration of my room back then. I should also mention the Burberry shirt I finally found in a tall size in New York. It's a great shirt and I'm glad places like Rochester Big & Tall exist where people taller and bigger than averege can dress as well as the rest of the world.

4 comments:

  1. Your mom is an excellent seamstress. Nice color choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. Mom can sew her butt off. She alos reupholsters furniture.

    You gotta check out 1978. She made my suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and "This is Jason Togyer, then." I just had to look this up after seeing you doffing a cap. You kind of resemble one another, no?

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05012/440539.stm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. Actually we kinda do. Pretty funny.

    Maybe there's some kind of "disgruntled writers appearance package" that we got at birth. LOL

    ReplyDelete