Wednesday, January 19, 2005

come on down!

Bob Barker -- proof positive that 80 is the new 70 -- in fact celebrated his 81st birthday last month. And he's just agreed to do season 34 of "The Price is Right." Although Bob is in the fourth year of a five-year-contract with CBS, he has the option at the end of each year to call it quits. But not only is he not quitting, he's also agreed to host and produce three more $1 million "Price is Right" prime time specials for May sweeps.

"I have been considering hanging it up for years now," admits Barker. "My brother, who is younger than I am, is retired and he would like someone to play with. But then I say, ?Well, I'll do another year. I do have fun. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here."

Barker reports that he's in talks with three different Las Vegas hotels for possible shooting of the "Price is Right" specials.

He ascribes his vitality to "exercise and nutrition. Particularly as you get older, they're terribly important. I'm a vegetarian and I work out six days a week" Maybe he's also helped by his own sort of energizer bunnies to keep going and going.

Long-time animal advocate Barker is sharing his home nowadays with a pair of (neutered) rabbits -- that's Mr. Rabbit and Honey Bunny to friends. His housekeeper found one of the critters out on his lawn one day, and after attempts to locate the owner failed, he kept it and brought in a companion for it. Now the pair has their own room, he says, and they rush to greet him like pups when he arrives home at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment