Wednesday, October 13, 2004

frank miller sin city dunks

I was wandering through the ISS / Sole Collector Forum and saw a post of these really cool customized Nike Dunk basketball shoes based on the Frank Miller comic “Sin City” that I’ve heard of by reading Chipped Ham Productions. I thought they were really cool.

The guy who painted the Dunks used a rough stencil then a fine brush. He says that altogether it took about 8-9 hours. According to him, “ [T]he reason there is no color but yellow is that the kicks are based off frank miller's that yellow bastard...if you've never seen frank miller's work you should check it out...it's amazing what he can create using only black and white.”

True dat. I’m not much of a comics reader, but these were quite nice as well as Frank Miller’s work, from what I’ve seen.

Check out the photos at the link above and the site for the trailer at www.sincity.adion44.com

1 comment: