Sunday, October 24, 2004

steve in the ric

I took a trip to Richmond this weekend with my friend Angie. She was supposed to help a lady she knew there with some yard work, but the lady cancelled at the last minute. So she hung out with me and our friend Todd. As is typical on my weekend trips, we did a bit of shopping. We went to Stony Point Fashion Park, Regency Square and Short Pump Town Center, all of which are better than average malls, especially Stony Point, IMO.

I got to try a couple different restaurants while I was there: Richbrau and Galaxy Diner.

Richbrau is located downtown in the Shockhoe Strip area along Cary Street. It’s a microbrewery and they make any number of delicious lagers and ales. I tried several of the darker beers (that’s my preference) and was pleased with all of them. It’s located in a renovated mercantile building and the atmosphere is very classy and urban without being self-mocking.

Galaxy Diner is located west of downtown in Carytown, a stylish early suburban district, also along Cary Street. The Galaxy is a modern interpretation of a classic diner that has just as much substance as it does style. Breakfast there was slow service wise, but the food quality was solid.

I wish I could have stayed a little longer, and I’m going to try to next time, but the overall trip was really fun and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment