Wednesday, October 20, 2004

workin’ on a website

I mentioned on my first post that I used to have a website back in 1997. It was one of the first things I did after my roommate and I got internet access in our senior-year apartment. Putting up a website was a lot harder to do back then, using a clunky version of Netscape Composer that I’d rather forget these days, and a bit of a novelty. But it was new and exciting.

I wanted to be the first kid on my block to grace the internet with my presence. But to be fair, I was the third, because my friends Doug and Chris had their personal websites through Tripod before I did, but I digress…

As I was saying, I put up a site, and no one visited, other than my friends once or twice. I got bored and took it offline a year or two later. I got off the internet for a couple years, and when I returned in 2000, so did the site, to even smaller crowds than before. I lost interest and took it down again.

Now, seven years after my first attempt, it’s back. I only put up a couple of pages at stevenswain.tripod.com, this time using Microsoft Word, but I’m hoping that by me doing this blog, I can keep myself interested enough in providing the world with even more b.s.

No comments:

Post a Comment