Tuesday, October 05, 2004

late night fashionista

A few weeks ago, I signed on as a member of the Men’s Health Style Message Center forum. There are many fashion forums on the internet, and most are either a little stuffy or mostly worthless. But the MHSMC is usually pretty cool: no freaks for the most part, relevant information and meaningful conversation where people use full sentences. Plus I can pontificate in my PJs late at night.

It’s been a good outlet for my opinions and assorted knowledge about all things sartorial. I have yet to submit a question or inquiry, but I have answered any number of them. The most common ones are “I need a new look, please help,” “Does this match?” and “Is this product/procedure right for me?” I’ve actually been thanked a couple of times, so I guess I’m helping someone out there.

The only downsides are the occasional bickering factions (a couple of members have a bitter but hilarious rivalry that spills over into the forum when one answers a question) and the weird questions, like the guy who wanted to know how to get rid of foot hair. I wouldn’t touch that question with a ten foot pole. But overall, it gives me something to do and keeps my mind sharp right before bedtime

No comments:

Post a Comment