Sunday, March 13, 2005

a Bob Vila moment

The work at the club continues. Mom and I spent all day Saturday, cleaning repairing and sprucing. I learned how simple it is to install a dishwasher. We got the dishwasher from one of my aunts who remodeled her kitchen and got rid of it because it didn’t match the new décor.

Granted the connections were all there, but it didn’t take a lot of effort on my part to hook it up. My friend Todd Rowland has always said it wasn’t hard, but I never thought I’d find out for myself. I bumped my head a couple times, but overall nothing too odd happened.

Next to the dishwasher we installed a trash compactor. This was a find from the Goodwill, barely used and somewhat dated; overall a great find for practically nothing money-wise. Trash compactors were a decent idea that never really caught on. We have one at home from 1980 that we use all the time. I find it to be a stylish, less-messy way of dealing with refuse, but they haven’t been hot sellers since the Carter administration.

No matter; both appliances went in like a dream and I felt a little more manly being able to put in my own built in appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment