Sunday, March 06, 2005

more krogering


This is the Wayne, Michigan Kroger store, on Michigan Avenue (US12), another example of a well-preserved Kroger superstore, at least on the outside, anyway. The interior is early 1990's (http://tch546.tripod.com/smkt/kroco.html)

Believ it or not, there's a bunch of retail geeks like me around. Through my friend J.T. Legg, I found about the Yahoo! group Remembering Retail. After joining, I took the Madison Heights Kroger pictures I took yesterday and posted them to the group photo site.

That post led to "Rob-dude" at Remembering Retail telling me about his supermarket photo site. It's a simple site, just pictures and commentary on Ohio and Michagan grocery stores, but it's worth the visit if you like to see old supermarket designs. I liked the Kroger page in particular, but there's much more than Kroger there. You should check it out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment