Tuesday, March 08, 2005

catching my breath


The suprisingly good sneaker stores at Charlottesville Fashion Square are highlighted in yellow.

As if my life wasn’t busy enough without impromptu trips, I took off with my friend Kevin to Charlottesville to go look for sneakers over the weekend. I’m sure if you've read much here you know about my sneaker fanatacism, but Kevin puts me to shame. He’s got just about everything big that comes out from Nike! Anyway, he was buying, I was browsing, but it was a fun trip. But it got in the way of me doing much else, at least on Saturday.

I did get in some work though; I had to help my mom with her ongoing renovations to her country club on Sunday. This week was more work in the china closet she and I built. You would not believe how many dishes she’s accumulated there for special events. I now know where I get my shopping habits from ;)

Speaking of shopping, I ran into the perfect side-job. I’m now a freelance shopping and style correspondent for a local newspaper. It doesn’t pay a lot, but I get to write about what I want and I get to go shopping to do it. I just kind of fell into it. They liked what I did earlier when I responded to a call for shopping tips. I was awarded the title of “retail therapist” at that time. For those who don't remember, check out my ‘job interview’

No comments:

Post a Comment