Saturday, March 12, 2005

a joyful noise in a time of need

One of the more interesting things I can do with my audio set-up is record virtually any audio onto CD using my component CD recorder and home theater receiver. I usually don’t do it for others, but I had a client who needed something special. His aunt was the wife of a man suffering from terminal cancer. His dying wish was for his wife to get a more reliable car so that she wouldn’t have to deal with car trouble. She purchased the new car, but the stereo inside didn’t have a cassette player and several of the country gospel tapes that had helped her keep perspective through the years couldn’t be played on the new stereo and couldn’t be replaced because they were out-of-print or unavailable on CD. My client asked if I could copy them over to CD and I willingly complied.

The new CDs came out really well and my client’s aunt is happy. Unfortunately as I was copying the tapes, my client’s uncle passed away. While not unexpected, it’s still sad that things had to end for him in the way that they did. My client’s aunt is holding up as well as can be expected, but she is thankful for both the new car and the old tapes, material reminders of her husband’s memory and the love and times they shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment