Sunday, January 02, 2005

polar bear day at the lake


Smith Mountain Lake Waterski Club Polar Bear Day, New Years Day 2005. My friend Todd Rowland is the guy on the right in the yellow


Todd having more fun.

My friend Todd Rowland is an avid water skiier and he participates in a annual event called Polar Bear Day that challenges the members of the ski club he's in to waterski in winter temperatures. He sent me some pictures of the event and reports:

"Did not get the authentic weather I am always wishing for. It was a great day in the end, I rode my Wakeboard on the first round."

"I was the first one off of the dock and wearing only my board shorts and my vest (floatation device) dressed like it was a normal summer's day. The other folks were all clad with wetsuits or drysuits. We finshed the day with some barefooting."

Looks like fun, but with my somwhat sheepish nature, it's as close as I'm going to get to skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment