Wednesday, February 01, 2006

peak week

I know I've been dragging here, but it's been pretty busy this week. Everybody's getting their W-2s and it's been balls to the wall at work. My typical sleep allowance has been too little, so tonight, after resisting the urge forever, I had to go ahead and sleep.

It was blissful turning off the cellphone, the internet, not answering the door...and just sleeping. Previously, I would have been up trying to keep up with my message boards and inbox and wouldn't have gotten to sleep until 3 or so after sitting up with Mom when she got home from work.

Sometimes I need to just sleep, and it's apparent when I get tied up at Big Green like this week, that's the best solution to my problems. Staying up fighting it was making me less and less lucid.

I hate not being able to fill your lives with random mall stories and cheesy jazz songs as much as usual. Not keeping the blog fresh is the hardest part, with the no sleep thing being next hardest. It will be over too soon, but it seems like it's taking up most of my time. The good thing is I will be off until next Tuesday after I go in today. Finally, a break!

Anyway, enough about my time management issues...

I'm going to meet some old co-workers at a restaurant in Roanoke Friday night. Should be wonderful. They are the secretaries and the survey tech (she's the cute one) that were always nice to me. It will be good to see everybody in person again.

3 comments:

  1. You may not be posting as much as usual, but you are still much more consistent than the rest of us in the blogosphere.

    Blogging, and Internet activities in general, are just a hobby. Don't feel pressured to post if you have other things on your plate. Work is more important, family and friends are more important, and sleep is the most important! Time slept is hardly time wasted.

    Have fun this weekend, be sure to get some rest, and know your loyal readers appreciate the effort you make to keep us informed about a wide range of interesting topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mitch...we can't hate your for having a (gasp) life!

    ~Carrie =)

    ReplyDelete