Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Gristedes won't squeeze my lemon

My wonderful online friend Anita has been kind of down as of late so I wanted to do something quirky and sweet for her (because quirky and sweet is about all the cards I bring to the table).

I happened upon Anita's wish list on Amazon and saw that she had some sodas from Gristedes Supermarkets of New York on there. When they started selling individual sodas online, I don't know.

Anyway I thought it would be Q&S to send her a single Diet Coke with Lemon. I know she's not digging the stuff as much as before after drinking like 8 cases of it, but it was cheap and I'm broke so I figured she might get a kick out of it.

I got to the checkout and apparently I CAN'T send Anita the soda because Gristedes won't ship to gift addresses. WTF?

Anyway, she won't get the soda but it was an intersting journey into the world of e-commerce.

No comments:

Post a Comment