Friday, July 22, 2005

randomly snapping pictures

Somertimes it's fun to take a break from obsessively shooting crappy pictures of malls and department stores and let pepole in on my lighter side. Here are some things I thought were funny or cool while I was out yesterday.

Aldi, a chain of no-frills grocery stores has some rock-bottom prices. They're so cheap they charge a quarter to rent the shopping carts! This was my first vist there and I thought a shot of this was a great way to start my photgraphic day.

It's funky retro-looking logo time! If this shoe store's products were as half as cool as their sign, we'd have a winner.

Roses lives! Believe it or not, this is a newly opened Roses store in Greensboro. I haven't seen these guys open a store in over a decade, and back then they had different owners. It's in a converted Phar-Mor, suprisingly busy for a Roses, and even had a furniture department. This is the Rose Mahal, folks!

Were you wondering what happened to all the teal shopping carts left over when Ames discount stores went out of business? Well, they ended up at Roses. This was my attempt to take a picture of the newly-christened Roses carts with the Ames handle in full view. Now if I had a steady hand or a better camera phone, this would have been a great shot .

I know when I'm in a pissy convenience store restroom, the first thing I want is diplomatic assistance. The folks at Family Fair stores stay one step ahead by christening their employees ambassadors, who will give you a free fountain drink if you report a nasty restroom. And you thought getting a visa to stay in this country was special?

From the "why didn't I think of that" product department comes Mad Dog Energy Gum, available at Target. Honestly, the gum tastes like peppermint-flavored ass, but the caffeine added to give it the energy (as much as an 8 ounce cup of coffee) makes it worth it. Just don't give it to small children

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many old people bitch about those rental shopping carts?

    Yeah, that new Roses looks old already since we haven't seen a new one open (and stay open!) since 1993.

    ReplyDelete