Tuesday, March 28, 2006

goodbye dave

I had to let another one go.

My obsessive-compulsive friend Dave has worked on my last nerve so I blocked him on IM last night. This is the same friend from “Do my Timberland boots make me look hip-hop?”

I've tried to help him through his personal problems and tried to be a friend to him, but all I get is nonsense and obstinence in return.

I don’t need an abusive idiot telling me what to do. That's exactly what he was trying to do. He likes to tell people off and instead of him treating me like a friend, he'd rather seethe in his room and try to make moral pronouncements about the world and beat me down if my opinions varied from his in the least.

I had become fearful of even going on IM because I knew that no matter what time it was, Dave would be there. Waiting. Watching. Judging.

So at first I took him off my buddy list. He still kept writng. I tried to be short with him. He couldn’t take the hint. I discussed what was wrong at length. No phase of understanding. No modicum of empathy. Just anger and martyrdom.

So I blocked him. And he signed on under another name and watched me, presumably all night, talk to my other friends. He waited for what he thought was just the right moment and tried to confront me with it.

That was the last straw. The second IM identity was blocked as well.

I’m done.

If you read this, Dave, have a nice life. Please just leave me alone for now. I don’t want to talk about this any further.

8 comments:

  1. Toxic friends are problematic at best. Typically, when choice hints are disseminated, digging in is often the response of choice.

    ...take it from one who has played both sides of that fence.

    I think that seeing himself in print, etc. blah blah......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never know when I'll hear from you but you're always right on time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good riddance to crazy dazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the many blunders of the online world. I once had this crazy girl chatting with me acting like I was her boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something like that happened to me about a year ago. I got to be friends with this one girl online and she got all crazy and possessive. That was the other friend I had to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete