Friday, March 24, 2006

My first AEs

I broke down and got a pair of Allen-Edmonds Becker shoes yesterday. I had found and purchased a copy of the corporate biography last week and it got me pumped up, I guess

I didn't need anything very dressy right now, but I wanted a quality shoe for casual to slightly dressy situations and this shoe presented itself. It didn't hurt that the Rockports I've been wearing to Big Green are starting to get worn and crappy looking.

I went to a trunk show at Davidsons and saw it in person, fell in love with it, then I went to the Allen-Edmonds Company Store in Burlington, NC and got it for a lot less than Davidsons was charging. I had to order it, but it'll be in from Wisconsin by the middle of next week. I can't wait.

Thoughts? Opinions?

PS: If you ever have a chance to go to an Allen Edmonds Company Store, sign up for the email. They'll give you free shoe polish and stamp your card for a buy-twelve pairs-get-one pair-free program, as well as tell you about the annual tent sales they have (Burlington's is late in April) where things get really cheap (which at Allen-Edmonds prices translates to somewhat reasonable instead of "WTF?").

No comments:

Post a Comment