Tuesday, May 09, 2006

big bad hair

As proof I haven't totally lost my sense of humor this week, I offer these choice photos from the book Big Hair by James Innes-Smith. Enjoy.

First runner-up in the 1983 Stevie Nicks look-a-like contest.

So much to comment about on this one. One thing is the whole shaved-comma motif she's got going. Another interesting thing is how this lady successfully combined Michael Jackson's Afro'ed '70s style with his current heavily makeup-ed look. Brilliant.

Can anybody else hear "Juicy Fruit" by Mtume playing in the background of this photoshoot? Seriously, I don't know this chick, but I think she needs to slack up on the hairspray. Her jherri curl is looking very dry.

Jeff Foxworthy, the early years.

This is a stickup! Give me all your braid spray and nobody gets hurt.

5 comments:

  1. The Stevie Nicks one looks like my hair when I first get up in the mornings.

    Stop laughing Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the guy with the 'stache might as well be the owner of the restaurant I worked at for years in D.C. I looked up their website (a glorified menu with customer-feedback accolades posted by employees), and he still wears everything this way. He's gotta be in his 60's...

    lolol

    sorry about the house thing right now. spring seems to bring all the bluejays out. or in your case, in.

    personally, I'm thinking I'll buy a boat and moor it somewhere. but we have a lot of lakes and stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just D: LOL You should get an alarm clock that plays "If Anyone Falls." Just kidding.

    Heather: That guy's pretty typical. A lot of us get into a stylistic rut and never change. Sounds like his was somewhere around 1982.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With hopes that someone out there has seen SuperTroopers, the Jeff-Foxworthy-esque photo just begs the question, "Who wants a mustache ride?!?!?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I hadn't thought about that, but it's funny :-)

    ReplyDelete