Wednesday, May 17, 2006

spectacular

Little better today, still not feeling like writing much, but knowing that all of you, my friends, are wishing me well has helped things a lot. Thanks. I always say I have the best friends in the world, and you guys prove how truly wonderful you are every day. :-)

Interviews later today...hopefully all will go well.

Interesting sign of why I have to try for better jobs; I failed the Wal-Mart employee assessment test.

This is not a misprint. I typed my info into the computer, answered a bunch of pyschological questions, and at the end, the screen read:
"Thank you for your interest in employment in Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. You have completed your application but you have failed our employee assessment test. Please reapply after July 15 2006"
Ain't that some shit?

9 comments:

  1. Maybe the assesment profiled you as someone with self respect and union leanings...they try to quash all of those feelings before hiring you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The computer was trying to tell you that you're too good for Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: I do come from a union-leaning family, and they probably would get around to calling me "uppity" if they hired me.

    Mitch: You're right. I can do better than Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walmart has been good to our family. My husband has worked there, starting as a pt time employee and then as a full time one when he was laid off. Now he just works weekends until the salary from his full time job picks up a bit more. (and who knows, it may be just part of the puzzle as God provides for our kids to go to college in a few years) The discount is great, the job is a job...and not always ideal...but God has provided for us through that job time and time again.

    No one is "too good" for hard work and an honest wage...no matter what that job may be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muddy, you bring up a good point. I didn't mean to insult anyone who works or has worked at Wal-Mart. As a matter of fact, my own father works for Wal-Mart!

    I do think that Steven is better suited for a job in architecture, planning, or another similar profession that makes the best use of his education, knowledge, and experience. In that sense, Steven is "too good" for Wal-Mart, but it may be better to say Wal-Mart isn't the "right fit" for Steven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mitch-

    My husband has two 4 yr BS degrees, one in Business and one in Accounting. Wal-Mart cashiering /stocking wasnt what he was trained for so to speak...but was willing to pay him for doing a job there...starting pt time to pay some major medical bills we had-to full time(when we needed it)-to now again pt time... It isnt what I would call a "perfect fit" for my husband either-not like his full time job is now for him...but it gives a little extra. It is just a job-and they give him money for doing it. We like the money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, we are very proud of you that we get this site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Susan. I'm glad you like coming here.

    ReplyDelete