Friday, May 26, 2006

what a difference a day makes

At first, I was going to refrain from using such a goofy title, but I feel pretty happy right now.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a new job!

Pending my acceptance of the employment contract and a positive health screening, I will soon be employed as a Development and Building Coordinator (edit) for the City of Roanoke, Virginia.

I couldn’t be happier. My salary will be very similar to what I’ve been making at LMW, but it will be good to go somewhere different and do something different that still relates to design, albeit somewhat remotely at times.

I couldn’t be happier. My parents are ecstatic. Things seem to be going well for the first time in nearly two years.

True to form, there is also another possible offer on the table, received via telephone while I was out today. Why? Because life works like that.

I am supposed to talk to a cabinet manufacturer in town about a possible position. I’m not sure what it might entail, but unless he’s got a compelling argument to do otherwise, I will probably go with the City. We will see.

I can’t begin to express my gratitude to all of you who read this blog. When I was at my lowest, all of you were there to lift me up, listening to my complaints and bitching, praying for me when I wasn’t smart enough to do it for myself. I don’t know what I would have done without you…all of you! To God goes the glory, but your works were important as well.

Keep your fingers crossed that things will work out. We’re almost there, y’all.

10 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    BIG SMASH-HUG!!!!

    I'm so happy for you!!!!

    Sorry. If you just keep that immobilized for a couple, four weeks, the rib should be good as new.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a little traction between friends? ;-)

    I was hoping you read this. I just responded to your other email. if this situation can turn around, anything can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats how it goes, not one but two offers! Congratulations!

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Steve! You totally had it coming =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carrie & Ken. This has turned into a Memorial Day weekend to remember. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you! Sounds to me like you were due for a break. It's a zen thing, don'tcha know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Steve! That is some great news! When will you begin?

    ReplyDelete
  8. D: You know, the more I hear about karma, the more it makes sense. ;-)

    Kris: If everything works out as planned, I should start in about a week and a half. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. Planning is a fun job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it will be, Mitch. This is going to be a customer service-oriented position, so the combination of my architectural knowlege with my client service skills aquired at Big Green should work to my advantage.

    ReplyDelete