Saturday, May 06, 2006

Paul Wall Preps Reality Show About Big Weddings

Kenny Rodriguez
NobodySmiling.com

Houston rapper Paul Wall is developing a pilot for his own VH1 reality show, “My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding,” centered around the extravagant marriages of couples who spend upwards of $500,000 on their weddings.

Wall, who just recently got married, is working with Pink Sneakers -- the production company behind VH1’s “Hogan Knows Best” and MTV’s “True Life” series.

“We’re basically following couples planning big, over-the-top weddings who are spending insane amounts of money on flowers or bringing in big-name bands to their wedding,” said Pink Sneakers’ owner Kimberly Belcher Cowin.

“[It’ll show] the drama that goes into planning a wedding along with the concept of big money -- the people in that top tier who are planning these crazy bashes and spending jaw-dropping amounts of money.”

VH1 has already ordered eight half-hour episodes of “My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding,” and it plans on premiering the show sometime this fall.

Meanwhile, the People’s Champ is also prepping for his sophomore LP, Ain’t No 401 K For a Hustla. The album is expected to drop this year on Swisha House/Atlantic, although there is no release date as of yet.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting show, one I might would tune into if I had cable tv....

    Though...have to wonder if they might have to change the name, or will get in trouble for the name given there was a show on fox by the name My big fat obnoxious fiance a few yrs ago.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396349/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't No 401 K for a Hustla

    That made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i get a 30 stack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muddy: Paul Wall is one of my favorite rappers, so I would tune in based on that, but I'm like you; I don't have cable.

    Kris: Yeah, the album title cracked me up too. Of course Paul Wall has his IRA tied up in his "grill." LOL

    H8TORADE: I ain't have one, but I'm sure somebody do.

    ReplyDelete