Sunday, July 09, 2006

jack will be back

For the past few months, I have had a tiny eBay venture called Jack Swain that I thought I could turn into an internet department store. In the time since I started on this, my free time has decreased dramatically, my ability to find merchandise that matched up with my original merchandising idea has decreased, and my interest in the project has waned.

It is simply the wrong idea at the wrong time, as previously conceived. So I have decided to pull my one item, close down temporarily, and focus on getting something in there that people want. The new Jack Swain has no definite timetable, but I’d like to do something a little more interesting and easy to store than just shoes.

I’ve also got to figure out a way to squeeze in something at night other than answering email, talking on the phone, and reading message boards. A little better time management would greatly help what I’m doing, even if I regress and just sell shoes again.

3 comments:

  1. You have a cool site, NYC Taxi Shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my own fustrations @ eBay right now.

    Hope you figure out what you want to do with your spare time. I know I have again and again racked my brain for a way to make some extra $$ in these years I have at home with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny. When I have no money and plenty of time, I have all sorts of ideas. When i can actually afford to do them, of course, there's no time, and I lose interest. Quite the paradox.

    Hopefully your eBay frustrations can be solved in some way.

    ReplyDelete