Saturday, August 20, 2005

color your mood

I was checking out Paradox Unbound and I found a blog entry on Colorgenics. Supposedly this web-based exercise can gauge your current mood based on what colors you pick in succession. it was too neat not to try, so I tried it.

So what do my colors say about me?

You are very ambitious and because you seek and need recognition, you try in your own way to impress people and you want to be looked up to - to be both popular and admired. You feel that there is a gap which separates you from your fellow man, or woman as the case may be, but this anxiety is an unnecessary one. Keep on the way you are going and you may surprise yourself.

Being a likeable person you get on well with neighbors and friends. You don't need anything to 'Rock your boat'. You want to 'love' and to be loved'.


Loneliness is soul destroying and at this time you feel lost and lonely, perhaps it is because you feel so frustrated that you are prepared to go out of your way to become emotionally involved with someone who could accept you for what you are. You are egocentric, antagonistic and quick to take offense, although it must be said, you can control your pent-up up emotion and thus avoid open conflict.

You are an emotional, sincere and impressionable individual experiencing frustration and unnecessary stress. You vehemently resist any form of pressure from outside sources, insisting on your independence as an individual. You want to be a decision maker - to make up your own mind without interference. You wish to be able to draw your own conclusions and arrive at your own decisions. You detest uniformity and mediocrity as you want to be regarded as one who gives authoritative opinions. Your favourite expression could well be that 'I may not always be right but I am never wrong'. You're a perfectionist and even though you may feel that the other person's point of view may be right, you find it extremely difficult to admit that you could be wrong.

You need to be respected as an exceptional individual. This is the only way that you can hope to achieve the status that you wish to achieve. You set yourself very high standards - and come what may - you abide by them.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you thought it was interesting Steve, my mom and Marrie both tried it out and shared their results with me. I'm sure you don't like parts of what Colorgenics told you - Marie told me she didn't, and I have to say that my results painted a pretty bleak picture - but I'll reiterate my response to Marie, no Web Site can tell you who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are alot like me, according to this. Or you were in a similar mood, I guess.

    Mitch, my name is Marrie, silly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what they say: there's something about Marrie. LOL

    I am a little lonely these days and I guess I'm a little more ambtious that I think I am.

    Paragraph 3 didn't make me happy or anything, but the test was shockingly accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my defense, I spelled Marrie's name correctly 33.3% of the time in my previous comment and I happen to know a Marie (with one "r") who happens to be on my mind a lot these days...another story...

    Marrie (with two "r"s) pointed out that this test only evaluates our mood, not our personality. I understand your post on my blog - paragraph 3 may be a little harsh, but it seems to reflect your current mood, expressed by your reaction to Nora Jone's critique of your "Roanoke Times" article, which you shared earlier today. In a few days, your mood (and therefore your test results) may be far different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just giving you a hard time, Mitch. :-)

    I am notorius for not being able to spell when I type on the computer. Thank God for spell chek, er, check. LOL

    Yeah, I'm a little out of it this week. I'll be alright soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just joking with you as well, Mitch, I don't care how you spell my name, if I know who you are talking about. I used to know a girl who always called me Murry, like the guy name. I didn't care though. I think I'm easy going about these things. Although, I think most people think they are easy going, like most people think they are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are nice and easy going, Murry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That means a whole lot coming from a guy who is as safe as milk.

    ReplyDelete