Tuesday, November 01, 2005

jeez, where have I been?

Sorry to leave all of you in Steve-land in the lurch, but I haven’t had any time to write. I've been talking with any number of you guys online and shopping, should have been working on taxes, but of course that would mean I actually get some time to myself and you know that's not going to happen.

I hooked up a new TV/DVD to Mom’s dual-deck VCR as well, purchased on a couple of midnight Wal-Mart runs, and I should really be frying chicken for dinner, but my need for immediacy leads me here.

Speaking of H&R Block (I thought I'd bring it up again), my last quiz went swimmingly. I got 100 by my grading, as did most of us that were still there. We had a rash of absences Monday, no doubt brought on by quiz anxiety. No matter. If I can do this a couple more times and get a good grade on the final, I will have my second job!

Also, I’m considering putting together a package for some local magazines to get some more freelance work.

Anyway, that’s all for now.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering how the H and R Block thing was going. Sounds good.

    My mom is crazy with her VCR and a recently added VCR/DVD combo all hooked up to one another plus her cable tv. She keeps us well supplied in things she tapes off cable-which we dont have (tv shows and such) ...now if we can just convince her that DVD's are more user friendly than VHS ...for watching...one day.... ::grinz::

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll get there. If she's taping that much, once she realizes how cheap and easy DVDs are to work with, she'll love 'em.

    I've got my mom convinced. I think I'm getting a DVD recorder for Chrsitmas this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you continued success with the H&R Block course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mitch. It's been hard squeezing in time to do the homework with work and social obligations, but I hope that it's worth it in the end. I've already learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete