Wednesday, September 15, 2004

rambling about music (9/15)

I’ve been thinking a lot about music lately. It’s not unusual, because I love music. My mom says I have a stronger “ear” for it than my brother Allen, who actually is a musician (guitar, trumpet, drums, you name it). I’m not sure about all that, but I know I have to have music almost everywhere I go, via the radio or otherwise, and I own somewhere around 500 CDs (although only 400 or so are any good). In fact I’m listening to one right now, “The Many Facets of Roger,” by Roger Troutman.

Here lately, I’ve been on a CD buying kick, picking up new releases from The Roots, Jill Scott, Anita Baker, Loretta Lynn, and Jamie Cullum, plus a Steely Dan compilation and a couple of other things whose names are alluding me as I type. Just about everything has been really good. Faye at work let me borrow her Jet CD, and that was cool, too. It’s been a beautiful month for music I like, as the previous few months have left me a little cold music-wise. One of these days, I’m actually going to review some of these CDs on the blog, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment