Friday, December 09, 2005

Mall of America may lose rights to 'Camp Snoopy' name

Associated Press

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. - The "Peanuts" gang may be pulling out of Camp Snoopy at the Mall of America.

The megamall lost the rights to the comic-strip characters this spring and is still trying to reach a new agreement with the syndicate that controls the creations of the late Charles Schulz.

Camp Snoopy has been a fixture at the Bloomington mall since it opened in 1992, and it's been allowed to keep operating while negotiations continue.

A mall spokeswoman says the indoor amusement park will remain open even if it has to drop the "Peanuts" theme. But she says they want to preserve the Camp Snoopy concept, noting that Schulz was from St. Paul.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hope it stays as camp snoopy...I have yet to get there and see it as such. That mall is on my "to do" list of places I want to go and see one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too. Snoopy and the Peanuts gang were an essential part of my life for many years. I'd love to see the park and the mall.

    ReplyDelete