Sunday, October 16, 2005

sunday

Here I am on the other side of Saturday, feeling pretty good about things. Hopefully my journey through the land of “moody, trapped in a dead end job Steve” hasn’t scared anyone away.

My little catharsis has opened up a line of communication. I realized that maybe I should talk more. Anytime you want to know something about your friendly neighborhood blogger, drop me a line and ask. I may not answer anything too personal, and unless you are biologically female, single and fine, no freaky stuff, but anything else is fair game. You can find the email link on the left menu.

Mom and I got out a little today to The Fresh Market, Target, Wal-Mart and Lowe’s. It was a fun trip. Mom had never been to The Fresh Market before, so she and I had a ball checking out all the fruits, meats and exotic groceries that will never grace the shelves of a Kroger.

At Target, we ended up getting some blue charger plates for our country club (still need dozens more) and some Isaac Mizrahi buffalo plaid plates for the club as well (same quantity need as chargers). Mom and I are a little crazy with the tableware. It’s a long story…

Not much else to report today. I had a couple of great phone conversations, cleaned my mid-top Air Force Ones (white-on-white is impossible to keep pristine; that’s why the rappers have so many pairs, so they can throw them out when they’re less than box-fresh) and generally chilled out as much as I can, which varies form not much to a lot.

I forgot to mention that I got my first taste of the music of Raul Midon on Friday. Borders featured his CD on their listening booth. Admittedly, I was not blown away, but I did see where Ken was coming from when he suggested that I give it a listen. The guy is good. The guitar work was worth the price of admission, but I did not buy. Borders music prices are still a little too high for my tastes, and I’ll need a few more listens before I commit anyway.

I’m going to turn in early tonight. The tax class starts tomorrow. My day will be a little longer than usual, so I’ll need a little more brain power. I probably won’t post until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest, though I’ve left you a joke in my absence. Hopefully you’ll find it as funny as I did.

A parting thought: in the absence of meaningful conversation in my real life, I’ve created a virtual salon of oddballs (myself included, or course LOL) that I can lead down conversational tangents without looking back and realizing I’m walking and talking alone. I don’t say this enough, but I’m glad you guys are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment