Monday, June 06, 2005

i COULD scan it, but i'm not supposed to...

I had a moment of frustration at JCPenney in Greensboro Saturday. They send out $10 coupons to their charge customers for Mother's Day and Father's Day and I'll use them to buy gifts for Mom and Dad.

I have a hard time shopping for Dad because, like the typical older man, he needs everything and likes nothing you pick out for him. I dug through these ungodly piles of polos to find his size and found a Nike baseball cap (he’s bald and wears them all the time) that would look nice with it.

After nearly an hour of searching for the perfect gift at Penney’s I brought my stuff to the counter, coupon in hand. I thought the coupon I had was valid yesterday and tried to use it for Dad’s stuff. The lady said she couldn't scan the coupon until today, so I didn't get the merchandise. The thing that pisses me off the most is that she could have easily scanned the coupon and it would have worked (she even admitted this) but she wouldn’t do it and got an attitude about it when I asked her to try it.

I may go back this week but I really liked the stuff I picked out and I figure it'll be gone when I get back there.

That’s life I guess. She didn’t want to get in trouble and I didn’t look at my coupon well enough. I guess in some ways I’m complaining for nothing, but it was still frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment