Thursday, June 23, 2005

random thoughts for today | june 24, 2005

-- The marketing gurus from NPD's SnackTrack have determined that the No. 1 snack for both men and women is a piece of gum. Gum is a snack? Since when?

-- Kevin wants to start an eBay store selling deadstock and gently used sneakers and needed some stock, so yesterday we went a store called Fashion Avenue in Durham that has a pile of them. All the clearance ones are buy one, get one free every day. I don't need any sneakers (notice I neglected to say "want" [LOL]) so I just watched him clean up on the deals. They had another location in town, but we couldn't find it today. I'm gonna check the website to see if I can Google map it.

-- I had a Tropicana Twister Strawberry soda today. It wasn't bad, but it's nothing to write home about. It's like Fanta but less sugary.

-- Carnie Wilson is almost more famous for the gastric bypass than she was for singing. What a weird celebrity culture we have.

-- Here's a funny story: you know how I like to pick up old funky LPs from the thrift store? Well, I have Carly Simon's "Boys in the Trees" that I bought at the Goodwill for, like, 8 cents. Anyway, the album cover has Carly not exactly naked (it's form 1978) but she's, er, a bit provocative. I certainly don't mind that at all, but I actually bought the LP for this song "Tranquillo," which is the most disco-fied Carly Simon song ever.

Yeah, I'm a dork. Who's asking?

Anyway, My Aunt Christine invites herself into my room, as always, when she vists one time and sees the album on the floor and starts asking 20 questions, also as usual. So I'm trying to explain why a 29-year-old man would have a sexy album-cover picture of a '70s pop singer lying around on the floor. Then I'm thinking, why should I have to explain this?

Don't I have a right to ogle a MILF in my own room and enjoy a little Carter-administration soft rock while doing it? I just don't know what's going on sometimes.

1 comment: