Tuesday, June 14, 2005

random thoughts for today | june 15, 2005

-- Cinnamon Twists at Taco Bell rule! I don't know if they have them anymore. I gave up on The Bell several years ago and only eat there sporadically now.

-- I am a true Southerner. I've been here since birth and never left, but I don't have much of an accent and most of the things I enjoy can't be pinned down to a single region of the country. I do have some Southern ways, though.

-- Mr. Pibb was hella popular around here. I never figured out why it went away. Dr. Pepper has cornered that side of the business these days. Further south, Cheerwine rules the segment.

-- A lot of times we want to blame racism on the poor and uneducated, but a lot of crackers are rich and have been to college.

-- I really wish these soda companies would think out their new product launches a little better. Coke Zero, Coke C2, Diet Coke and Diet Coke with Splenda seem like four ways to say the exact same thing.

-- I had a plaid madras shirt phase in the '80s along with the Cosby sweater phase and a rugby shirt phase in the '90s. It was not pretty. Right now it's printed vintage-look and advertising t-shirts. Can't get enough of them. I'll look back on this too and laugh someday.

1 comment:

  1. The thing is, all these diet Coca Colas taste different. They're just trying to captalize on the new diet fads.

    ReplyDelete