Monday, June 20, 2005

random thoughts for today | june 21, 2005

-- Black cherry sodas tend to be pretty decent, regardless of brand, though I really get a kick out of Stewart's Black Cherry. It's one of my favorite sodas, especially chilled.

-- I need to go to Charlotte sometime this week. When I was there last, I passed up a dehydrator that was only $3.00 at Value Village thrift store. It's an Excalibur model and Mom has been looking for one for a while, but she didn't want to pay the $200 for it new. If it's still there and it works, it will be a great deal.

-- We have a cooler shaped like a can of Mello Yello that we use at Mom's club. It's intact so far, though it's outside when we have outdoor events. The eBay possibilities on that are tremendous.

-- I like my casual wear, but every once in a while I like to get dressed up. There's apicture of me on this site at age 22 in a suit. I got the date wrong on the posting page, BTW, because i forgot when I took the picture. That photo is one of my favorite pictures of myself, even though it's not really a great picture.

-- At Kroger, they had a small section of international sodas, including some from Jamaica. I need to go back and try them so I can tell you more about them. They were expensive (for singles), so I didn't get them when I saw them.

-- Something new is finally coming to Tanglewood Mall. A.C. Moore has signed a lease to open up in part of the vacant space on the front of the mall. That will keep it a little less dead in there. I cranked out a story to send to my editor. I'm hoping to get it to publish outside my regular rotation, but, if not, it'll be an upcoming Retail Therapy article.

-- The big box retailer World Market usually carries some obscure sodas like Afri-Cola, Orangina, Loco soda (with red pepper!), Bundaberg Ginger Beer, and Virgil's Root Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment