Friday, September 09, 2005

chevy chase, friendship heights and tenleytown

For part 3 of my Washington, DC photo series, we move north on Wisconsin Avenue in northwest Washington to Tenleytown and Friendship Heights, stopping just short of the Maryland state line in greater Chevy Chase.

I missed some wonderful buildings, including the National Cathederal, the Russian Embassy, the historic Saks Fifth Avenue in Chevy Chase and a unique conversion of an old Sears store into a mixed-use facility, but that gives me plenty to shoot next time:

A relic of past retail.

One of Giant Food's oldest stores, complete with original signage.

This is what the Giant looked like at Grand Opening.

Big-box invasion on Wisconsin Avenue.

Neiman-Marcus at Mazza Gallerie mall.

Chevy Chase Pavilion: a mixed-use complex.

Hecht's of Chevy Chase, formerly Woodward & Lothrop. Adjacent to the Friendship Heights Metro Station.

The historically Modernist Lord & Taylor on Western Avenue, just off Wisconsin Avenue.

The unique architectural features of Lord & Taylor.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos, Steve. I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Mitch. I'm just glad I had a camera with me.

    ReplyDelete