Sunday, September 11, 2005

a jazzy photoset

Today, I went over to the Taste of the Blue Ridge Blues & Jazz Festival in Elmwood Park in Roanoke. My friend Ken suggested that we come over, and after we got there, my parents went and did their own thing and I hung out with Ken. Here's how the day went:

This is the event program.

There was a good crowd in Elmwood Park to listen to jazz.

Dr. Lonnie Smith's performance.

Here's Ken and I looking at Dr. Lonnie Smith's performance.

We stopped by Tanglewood Mall on our way home. Everything's closed right now. Doesn't look much different when it's open. Over to the right is where Davidsons menswear and Ritz Camera used to be, and where A.C. Moore is going.

Dinner at K&W Cafeteria at Tanglewood Mall. I can't tell you how many times I've eaten in here.

I'm going to get something to eat. My parents are waiting for me. Talk to you later.

3 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a good day! I know you needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE jazz festivals. Hope the weather is cooling down; sounds like you had fun. Plus you may have executed a near-miss with your bro. Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mitch: As Ice Cube eloquently said in the Dr. Dre video "Let Me Ride:" Damn right it was a good day! LOL

    Heather: The weather was perfect today and the music was really good. I didn't know you were a jazz fan. That's awesome!

    I didn't get out of being around Allen though. He's coming this coming weekend. But lo and behold, there's a regional mall, Northlake, opening in Charlotte (first one in at leat 6 years) this coming weekend. I have an out. :-)

    ReplyDelete