Saturday, September 17, 2005

vote for your favorite ad icon and slogan

It's time for Advertising Week! From September 26-30, the best and brightest in the ad industry gather together to think of new ways to sell you stuff.

What does this mean to us? It gives us a chance to vote on our favorite advertising icon and slogan. The results will be posted on the Ad Week website and hopefully we'll start getting better ads than the dreck that passes for commercials these days. That's just a guess and an opinion though.

Feel free to comment on your favorites here.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say mine would be Ronald McDonald. I have many dear memories of the McDonald's near Carolina Circle Mall and I always think of Ronald. Unfortunately he hasn't done much lately. I think he now resides in the clown retirement home with Bozo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I checked, Ronald was getting some kind of "healthy makeover." McDonald's was concerned that he wasn't doing enough in commercials to promote healthy lifestyles, so they made him thinner and more active. I'm not sure how that's going, but I haven't seen him either. I miss him.

    Personally, I voted for the Kool-Aid Man. He's always been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete