Tuesday, January 10, 2006

an awful monday

Yesterday was going to be my big “get stuff done day.” I took a personal day from work and I was off from Big Green, so I figured I’d get up, take down the tree, do some laundry and watch the Frontline special “Country Boys.”

I only got about 1/6 of that done. I woke up with a massive headache and a runny nose. I figured it was a cold or something so I took some medicine and my usual litany of vitamins and supplements and took it easy. My head kept hurting and I was tired anyway from being up last night late, so I decided to lay back down.

When I got up to watch “Country Boys,” I figured out what was causing my headache. I get serious gas sometimes and I'll feel like shit until it all gets out. I think what set it off was this Asian chili sauce I had before I went to bed Sunday night. It was very hot and I guess combined with what I ate produced my terrible gas. Whatever it is, it sucks.

It's about half out (burping) and I'm struggling to stay up to let it out and finish this message.

Later today will be very long. I have work, then a skills update seminar for Big Green right after. I’m going to burp myself a little while longer then go to bed.

Sorry about the gross entry, but it’s been occupying my whole day.

3 comments:

  1. That's major gas when it occupies your whole day!

    Actually, the car in that post is the concept for the new Dodge Challenger.

    I'm not a gearhead by any means, but I've got a softspot for early 70's muscle cars (I guess a result of growing up white trash)...I SOOOOOO hope that car goes into production, because I'd sell my kids to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever notice the irony of takin that personal day? You could have just called in sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: It's some hereditary disorder that runs through my family. My grandma would get gas headaches, too.

    I like the old muscle cars, too. My dad had a ’69 Road Runner with a 383 we used to love.

    Carrie: I had already planned to take the day off. The sickness just kind of invited itself to the party.

    ReplyDelete