Thursday, January 26, 2006

somebody agrees with me

One of my oft-repeated phrases these days is “I don’t know who, but somebody is reading Retail Therapy!” The first time I noticed it was after my spring fashion story last year. I suggested adidas Stan Smith tennis sneakers for the season, and there was a run on them locally. I couldn’t even get a pair!

Occasionally, I’ll get fan mail. Some of it is very positive, some is rather bitchy, but still, it proves the column is making a difference in the local media.

Last week was a first, though. Mention of my article on Kohl’s and Boscov’s made it to the Letters to the Editor page. Carol Amburgey of Goodview, Virginia, sung the praises of Boscov’s to the masses based on the prompting of my article. It was not directly aimed at me, of course, but it reinforced what I was saying, though she did a more thoughtful rendition of the accolades than my simple chart.

I am humbled. Maybe somebody from Boscov’s will read what we have to say and bring one of their fine stores closer to us.

7 comments:

  1. Props, by any other name, may be rife with thorns, but smell as sweet....

    Yay !! you deserve it. That sideways recognition is kind of fun, eh?

    Did you really sell out all those adidas??........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I did. I tried finding those adidas at five or six stores in Roanoke with no luck. There were plenty before the article published :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to make a road trip to danville to see this Boscovs. Glad all of your freelance writing is going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you always say, I couldn't do it without God's help :)

    You should definately drive up to Boscov's and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have mapquest directions printed off and ready for when I am able.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..and amen to God's help always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God has been a bridge for me over many troubled waters. :-)

    ReplyDelete