Tuesday, January 03, 2006

my day at a glance

I haven't had a chance to do much here, and I'm not really in a position to go into my usual narrative, so here's an abbreviated timeline of the last day:

Monday, 5:00 AM: Got back from party at club. Buzzed on champagne. Office is closed today so I'm off (Thank God!)

8:00 AM: Struggled out of bed to go to class. Hating life.

9:00 AM: Arrived at Block class to a locked door and classmates outside. The lock is broken.

9:30 AM: Class convenes in coffee bar of nearby Books-A-Million. Upside: free latte.

10 :00 AM: Teacher is uncharacteristically dour because her rapidly deteriorating Alzheimer's-stricken mother is about to kick the bucket, announces that she has to fly to Chicago and will miss the rest of the week. :-(

11:00 AM: Locksmith never comes. Class lets out early from Books-A-Million because we have no computers to work with.

12:00 PM: Finally get some sleep.

6:00 PM: Finally wake up your kind emails :-)

9:00 PM: My friend Lou calls and talks for THREE FUCKING HOURS!

Tuesday, 12:00 AM: Dinner.

3:00 AM: Time to go back to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year...

    Go to sleep at noon, wake up at 6pm, I'm having flashbacks to my first attempt at college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a crazy start of a new year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: Happy New Year! Hope yours is at least a little less hectic than mine has been.

    Muddy: After Block this afternoon, I'm taking it easy. Actually, tonight should be really easy because the IRS doesn't take tax returns for another week or so :-)

    ReplyDelete