Friday, January 20, 2006

my neighborhood | spurious george

She goes by many names, and her frequent comments stand out in their incisiveness slash weirdness. She's the voice of reason, the eye of chaos, a working class work of art (and piece of work). She’s almost my best friend, even though I’ve never seen her or heard her in person.

She’s Heather, a wonderful woman from out West that has gotten under my skin and into my heart, and her new blog Spurious George promises to be like no other.

If you’ve been here much, you know Heather and love her work, so you’ll know and love her blog. If you don’t know her, you should…when she puts some stuff on there, of course (hint, hint, ahem)

Note to H: I’m not laying it on thick, you truly are cool as shit. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. I tried to say "Yay! The Mysterious Witty Heather has a blog now!" But I couldn't, because I can't remember my "passport" password. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use your security question to reset your password on MSN Passport. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god I am truly dying of embarrassment right now. I took a day off from the computer -- who knew there was such a party waiting for me upon my return??

    Thanks, prop-wise, Steve. You're about the best person I've never met, ever ever.......

    oh, crap. now I have to write. first problem: having this thingy tends to fry my computer. second problem: I have to out-write Marrie, out-wit Chris, out-pontificate Mitch, and out-profuse Steve.

    ghaaah!!

    (also, my brother recently said something derisive like: 'gcchh! blogs!...whatever!! -- so I need to lay really low, especially when I start ripping apart my family members like a document shredding service...)

    and so I'm really nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all true and it's all deserved. You are truly wonderful.

    The level of commitment I have to this project would not be possible without the support I get from you and all the other regular posters. It's a joy to write and find articles for such wonderful people.

    I think anybody with your writing skills and flair for the acerbic will be able to carve out their own niche like all of us other bloggers have. Hopefully you'll find a powerful computer and learn to speak in code and metaphor when you have the hot stories that the ones you love don't need to hear ;-) We all find a way to tell what needs to be told.

    Good luck as always. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am eagerly anticipating the first post! I wonder what route this blog will take...drama? social commentary? informative pieces? gossip? a little of everything? Very exciting!

    ~Carrie =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we'll see all of the above. Heather can talk about almost anything and make it interesting.

    ReplyDelete